Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Go Fish

Carnival Cruises had a very interesting concept utilizing interactive marketing to promote the cruise line. I am a huge fan of using interactive marketing since it really creates a new dimension of marketing by truly engaging the consumer. So, they installed a series of interactive aquarium on the corner of busy streets in a few key markets including Dallas, Baltimore, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington, and New York.

Basically the technology allows you to call in and create a fish that swims and makes funny noises. The fish then shows up on the screen. Users can return to feed and take care of their fish while the installation is up.

I'm not sure that this will really engage passers by, but I guess I'll keep my ears open to see how it was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment