Friday, March 18, 2011

VW uses multiple channels for newest marketing campaign

Gotta love when companies integrate their marketing strategies. I mean, why not. It makes more sense that way because it offers a consistent and more cohesive vision. Consumers can easily associate each channel to the same brand. And, this is a very creative use of a print ad. Why not make it interactive. Companies are finding that consumers respond more to interactive marketing. And, of course iPhones are the "it" thing at the moment, so why not offer an interactive app that showcases their products.

The only thing with mobile marketing is that it limits your reach, so if you can show part of the campaign in print then you fill some of that gap. I admit I haven't seen the print ad in person and I haven't actually tried the app out so I don't actually know how successful it is or how easy it is to use. That said, from what I can tell it looks pretty cool. Plus, it is from VW and they usually have very clever marketing (I know that isn't a very good reason, but I'm going to go with it for now).

Let me know your thoughts.

Side note: It looks like the video has been removed from YouTube, so I guess we'll have to go by the image and article I found on AutoBlog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment