Thursday, April 9, 2009

What is Burger King thinking?



Burger King's newest TV ad, geared towards kids, is filled with women shaking their square butts to Sir Mix-a-lot’s famous song “Baby Got Back.” While the women are dancing the Burger King character sizes up the woman’s butts with rulers. What? I’m so confused as to who approved this ad campaign. Not only is it offensive to women, but also a complete disconnect for kids. I truly hope this ad gets pulled to save our children from being exposed to a clear case of sexism. Also, I have no idea what the Burger King dancing to that song has to do with kids meals. I know the song was a hit for Shrek, but might I remind them that the movie took it out of context so that it was semi appropriate for kids. Actually, I don’t think that this song could be of any relevance to Burger King no matter how it was used. Very poor taste.

1 comment:

  1. I nearly fell over when I saw that ad a few nights ago. What the heck?!

    ReplyDelete